Westar Federal Credit Union
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Send Resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Work Here?
Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm work schedule. Paid Time Off and Paid Federal Holidays, Great Employee Retention.
The purpose of the bookkeeper is to process daily work related to the credit union’s general ledger account activities.
- Responsible for general ledger reconciliation, analysis of financial accounts, and preparation of journal entries.
- Assist the President/CEO in month-end closing and producing monthly financial statements.
- Perform credit union accounting activities, including accounts payable and receivable operations, inventory reports, and special projects.
- Assist auditors, as well as regulatory examiners as directed by the President/CEO.
- Prepare the quarterly NCUA Call report.
- Research and resolve member inquires regarding account statements, disputes, and monetary adjustments.
- Oversee the Debit Card Program. Process new applications, handle member inquires, lost/stolen plastics, etc.
- Process data pertinent to credit union employee payroll and benefits.
- Maintain working knowledge of all developments in regulatory requirements and general accounting principles.
- Monitor, update, and account for the credit union’s investment portfolio.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Westar Federal Credit Union:
At Westar Federal Credit Union, we’re here to help our neighbors make their ambitions a reality. Westar has been a part of the local community since 1963. As a credit union, Westar is a non-profit that is owned by our credit union members. A fulfilling career that puts people first starts here. Westar Federal Credit Union prioritizes personable service and building long lasting relationships with credit union members. Westar Federal Credit Union offers a supportive, welcoming and inclusive work environment that celebrates diversity. Westar Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.